In this conference, Nouri Shahroudi, adviser to IAU president who is also in charge of communicating with Arabic Islamic countries stated that almost a million and six hundred students are studying at various levels at the Islamic Azad University, the biggest brick-and-mortar university in the world, IAU public relations reports.
He stated that IAU is ready for academic cooperation with universities throughout the global Islamic community and is prepared to admit students from Islamic countries.
The objectives of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World include the following:
- Enhancing the level of scientific researches in all fields, exchanging their findings, and linking them with the developmental and civilizational requirements of the Islamic Ummah;
- Upgrading and developing higher education to address the needs of Muslim societies and benefit by the scientific and technological new developments in line with the Islamic Ummah’s civilizational constants;
- Furthering cooperation in such a way as to enhance the exchange of experiences, studies, programs and visits in the fields of education, science, culture and technology;
- Encouraging the teaching of the language of the Holy Quran and the Islamic culture in Member Universities;
- Stepping up the efforts of higher education institutions to address the current issues and entrench the values of understanding, coexistence and peace among the peoples of the Islamic Ummah and the world as a whole;
- Upgrading Member Universities’ knowledge and human capacities;
- Caring for the Islamic heritage by publicizing, translating and authenticating it, and shedding light on the contribution of its scholars to human civilizational building;